***Application Deadline Notice***
The Hormel Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2019 funding year, the application deadline is September 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Note: If you are submitting an application for more than one organization you will need to use a different email address for each organization.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your organization:
- Must be ruled tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and must be operated for charitable, education or scientific purposes.
- Must be located in and/or directly affect the Austin, Minnesota area.
Requirements ChecklistIn preparation for the online application, here is a quick checklist of items that may be required of your organization.
- The exact name of the organization or agency making application.
- A brief description of the organization.
- Federal Tax ID #.
- Provide a copy of your most recent Form 990.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent tax-exempt ruling from the Internal Revenue Service.
- A list of current board members.
- A clear description of the project, the need, its purpose, the number of individuals affected, goals and expectations.
- Description of similar programs in the community.
- Total of all funds required for the project and other sources of funding.
- Amount requested from The Hormel Foundation.
- Expected completion date.
- A detailed expense budget for the project, showing where and how the requested funds would be spent.
- Audited accounting statements for the previous year, if available, and if not available, then most recently prepared internal accounting statements.
- The procedure and criteria by which effectiveness of the grant should be judged after the grant funds have been expended.
- Within 90 days following the end of the period for which funds were granted, the grantee must provide The Hormel Foundation with a final financial accounting for the grant funds (a Grant Use Report), and an evaluation and summary of the results obtained.