***Application Deadline Notice***
The deadline for the submission of grant applications for the 2018 funding year has now passed. The Hormel Foundation will begin accepting applications for the 2019 funding year on June 1, 2018, ending September 1, 2018.
Note: If you are submitting an application for more than one organization you will need to use a different email address for each organization.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your organization:
- Must be ruled tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and must be operated for charitable, education or scientific purposes.
- Must be located in and/or directly affect the Austin, Minnesota area.
Requirements ChecklistIn preparation for the online application, here is a quick checklist of items that may be required of your organization.
- The exact name of the organization or agency making application.
- A brief description of the organization.
- Federal Tax ID #.
- Provide a copy of your most recent Form 990.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent tax-exempt ruling from the Internal Revenue Service.
- A list of current board members.
- A clear description of the project, the need, its purpose, the number of individuals affected, goals and expectations.
- Description of similar programs in the community.
- Total of all funds required for the project and other sources of funding.
- Amount requested from The Hormel Foundation.
- Expected completion date.
- A detailed expense budget for the project, showing where and how the requested funds would be spent.
- Audited accounting statements for the previous year, if available, and if not available, then most recently prepared internal accounting statements.
- The procedure and criteria by which effectiveness of the grant should be judged after the grant funds have been expended.
- Within 90 days following the end of the period for which funds were granted, the grantee must provide The Hormel Foundation with a final financial accounting for the grant funds (a Grant Use Report), and an evaluation and summary of the results obtained.